Friday, August 15, 2008

New York, New York

I recently returned from a "fantastic" trip to New York. The primary reason for visiting was my fiance's appointment at Kleinfeld's. You may be familiar with the name as it is the store where "Say Yes to the Dress" is filmed. In addition to dress shopping the usual list of have to do's when you travel were accomplished. Eat at "different" restaurants, see "new" places and "experience new things".

It has been 3 years since our last trip to Manhattan and the biggest thing I found different was how many tourist bus salespeople were in your face. It was not like that several years ago. Since the "blue" bus company came out the competition became fierce.

I have had many trips to New York, some as early as 1982, and the greatest thing I found is that it gets safer to be there every year. If you didn't know, New York was pretty bad in the 70's and part of the 80's, very few people were out on the streets late at night.

I always bring a camera. Here are some photographs of last weekend:



No comments: